- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity, one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who trust in Him alone for salvation.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy. Salvation is therefore by God alone, as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. His choice is an act of His grace, not based on individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people, not simply as individuals, but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return bodily and visibly to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Where We are Going
We desire to take the message of Jesus Christ’s atoning love on the cross to every nation so that all people will trust in Him alone for their salvation from sin.
Our aim is to love and serve people from every ethnic group, nation and socio-economic level, with the compassion and love of Christ.
The mission of the Presbyterian Church in America is to glorify and enjoy God by equipping and enabling churches to work together to fulfill the Great Commission by making disciples of all nations, so that people will mature as servants of the triune God, will worship Him in spirit and truth, and will have a reforming impact on our culture.
Bible-believing Presbyterians formed the PCA in 1973, with 260 congregations and 41,000 members.
We now have over 1,700 churches and more than 346,000 members in the United States and Canada with at least 70 Presbyteries.
- The PCA is one of the fastest-growing Presbyterian denominations in North America, and is among the fastest growing of all Christian denominations.
- The PCA has over 650 long-term missionaries, 430 short-term workers and 5,400 two-week workers serving worldwide.
- The PCA has over 150 chaplains in all branches of the armed services.
- The PCA has placed campus ministers on more than 100 college and university campuses all across America.
- The PCA maintains a 902-acre camp and conference center in the mountains of North Carolina.
- The PCA provides college and seminary educations through its college and theological seminary.