making and maturing disciples in the East Valley and beyond.
Faith in Christ which leads to Gospel Living
DPC Mission Statement—Word, Worship, and Community
Desert Palms Church is committed to spiritual formation realized through the Word of God, prayer, and the partaking of the sacraments. We are spiritually formed by worship which helps us find our purpose in the world. Our habits and hearts are formed in God’s presence with his people. We learn from and are shaped by his covenantal love displayed in the Word truly preached and the sacraments celebrated. With this foundation, we have a proper understanding of our place in society and of God’s design for community. This increases our desire to take the work of DPC outside the walls of the church and into our neighborhood, establishing community with the people with which God has called us to live.
- We want to God use this church to redeem a people for Himself—those who have not yet come to Christ.
- We want to be used of God to revive faith in Christ for those who have not been walking with the Lord.
- We are called to encourage God’s people to thrive as Christians in their vocations, families, and communities.
Redeem – Revive – Thrive
Guiding Values of Desert Palms Church
- Christ is preeminent in all things and the Church is His Church, His body. We show our love for him by obeying His commands. (Col 1:18; John 14:23)
- God’s Word, the Bible, is inerrant. We are committed to teaching the whole counsel of God to people of all ages and backgrounds. The Bible alone is the only infallible standard of faith and practice. (2 Tim 3:16)
- We believe all men and women are made in the image of God. We believe that their life from conception to its natural end is sacred to him. (Gen 1:26-27; 1 Cor 3:16-17)
- We believe marriage is between one man and one woman. We believe that God created marriage as a faithful partnership between one man and one woman. Marriage is the best foundation for building a family and is an image of the covenant relationship between our Lord Jesus Christ and his bride, the church. (Gen 2:24; Mal 2:13-16; Eph 5:31-32)
- DPC is committed to evangelism and spiritual formation at the local, national, and international levels. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through him. The Gospel is the only hope for mankind and we are committed to its preaching in our city, nation, and the world. (John 14:6; Rom 10:14-15; Mat 28:19)
- DPC is a multi-generational church. We encourage families to worship together as a mark of the covenant. (Deut 6:6-7)
- DPC’s Youth and Children’s ministry are family based. Our goal is to assist, not replace, the parents as they shepherd their children. We believe parents are given the privilege and responsibility to teach their children the faith. (Ex 20:12, 34:7; Deut 4:9, 6:6-7, 11:18-21, 21:18-20, 32:46; Ps 78:5; Prov 6:20, 10:1, 15:20, 20:20, 23:22, 30:17; Isa 38:19; Mal 2:15, 4:6; Mat 15:4-6; Luke 1:17, 18:15; Eph 6:1-4; Col 3:20-21; 1 Thess 2:7, 11-12; Heb 12:7-11)
- We strive for godly peace at DPC. We actively pursue the unity of the Spirit and the bond of peace. We are called to a ministry of reconciliation by our Lord. (Ps 29:11, 34:14; Isa 52:7; Mark 9:50; Rom 5:1, 14:19; Eph 4:3; Phil 4:7; 2 Cor 5:18-19)
- Teaching and Ruling Elders are committed to knowing, feeding, leading, and protecting the sheep. Teaching and Ruling Elders are committed to knowing and loving God and His Word and are called by God to shepherd on both a corporate and an individual level. (Acts 14:23; 1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:5; 1 Pet 5:1)
- DPC is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America. We adhere to its doctrinal standards as stated in the Bible and summarized in the Westminster Confession, and Shorter and Larger Catechisms. The PCA’s Book of Church Order is our framework for worship and administration of the church. (Acts 17:11; 1 Cor 14:33; Acts 6:1-6)
- DPC is a member of the Arizona Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church in America. As such the Session and the congregation are subject to its oversight. (Acts 14:23; 1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:5; 1 Pet 5:1-3)
- DPC works with Christian parachurch organizations that focus on life, hunger, school, marriage, and family issues. Jesus Christ is the head of the Church and we are blessed to work with those he has called to Kingdom work. (Eph 4:11-12; Ps 139:14; Mat 25:34-36)